It’s Day 3 in Florence. Unsurprisingly, I have some observations…
1. I can’t decide what’s more of a menace, traffic or pedestrians. Either way, no prisoners are taken!
2. Good driving is optional. For example:
a) Don’t like parallel parking? Always hitting the kerb? Don’t worry about it! Abandoning your car in the road is also fine.
b) Changes in vehicle direction are usually indicated by telepathy.
3. When crossing the road, the red man means ‘don’t cross, you’ll die’. The yellow man means ‘don’t cross, you’ll almost certainly die’. The green man means ‘proceed with caution, you could still die’. (See observation 2B).
4. I actually know a little Italian, but any time I’m asked a direct question, all I can hear is ‘pffffffffffft’ as a brain fart goes off in my head.
5. The Duomo’s nice. The river’s nice. But my favourite thing? Possibly the signs…
Ciao for now. More stories to follow, no doubt.