I’ve been reviewing my core email sequences recently. You have to review your email sequences every year or two, as a minimum.
Creating an automated series of emails is like trying to hit a moving target. Over time your business evolves and your messaging changes. Even your voice changes over time. The topics you wrote about two years ago often won’t be the same topics you might write about today.
When it comes time to review an email sequence, here are some of the things to check:
- Has your objective for the email sequence changed? Do you still want your readers to take the same action? Are you still trying to impart the same understanding?
- Are your calls to action clear, simple and understandable?
- Are you communicating your biggest, boldest ideas?
- Does your email sequence do a good job of grabbing your reader’s attention? Or does it simply deliver information?
- Does it entertain, educate, and challenge your reader’s level of thinking about your subject?
Time has a habit of highlighting the things that really matter. Audit your key email sequences every year, and you’ll find they steadily improve over time.
P.S. Do you need help with this? If you have email sequences you think have gone stale, read the information here, and fill in the form.